Invisalign vs Traditional braces
Straight and well-aligned teeth are necessary if you want to have an attractive smile. But, not everyone is always gifted with the perfect set of teeth. Do you fall in that group? Well, if you do then there is nothing to worry about. Undergoing orthodontic treatment at a professional dental clinic can be an effective solution to this problem. Now, there are several types of orthodontic options that one can opt for. In this blog, we are going to discuss two such boons of modern dentistry - Invisalign and traditional braces. Therefore, go through the sections below and choose an option that suits your needs.
- Invisalign - Invisalign is considered to be one of the best orthodontic options. The primary reason behind it is the look. Unlike the traditional metal braces, Invisalign seems invisible and blends with the natural teeth. They can also be removed with ease and in turn, doesn’t stop you from maintaining oral hygiene.
- Braces - Traditional metal braces are not as aesthetically pleasing if compared with Invisalign. Wearing a metal brace can also make you feel awkward while talking to others.
The Pain Factors
- Invisalign - Invisalign is made of plastic and is designed in a manner that moves your teeth gently. So, getting Invisalign to correct the alignment of your teeth is not that painful.
- Braces - Metal braces on the other side can be the reason for discomfort and pain. Are you wondering why? Gradually tightening wires in the mouth applies pressure to the teeth to straighten them. To add on, the metal braces can also rub against the inner walls of your mouth and cause sores.
- Invisalign - Some people hesitate to choose Invisalign due to the cost and maintenance. We can assure you that maintaining Invisalign will not be the reason for a hole in your pocket. Maintenance includes getting a new set of liners after every two weeks as the treatment progresses. It is advisable to brush the liners on a daily basis with warm water. Also, remember to visit your orthodontist after a span of 4 to 6 weeks.
- Braces - You might be surprised to know that apart from facing a little bit of discomfort while cleaning braces, brackets and wires, traditional braces are pretty low maintenance. Maintaining traditional braces can only be done by a professional dentist.
- Invisalign - Getting Invisalign will definitely yield great results and help to find a solution to all your orthodontic problems. Moreover, Invisalign is known to provide a better outcome within a comparatively shorter period.
- Braces - Similarly, traditional braces can also be an effective solution to orthodontic issues. But, these braces take a relatively long time to deliver the desired result.
We hope that you have now gained an idea about the pros and cons of both Invisalign and traditional braces. So why suffer from an orthodontic problem anymore? Look for a dental clinic offering quality orthodontic services and book an appointment immediately. You can choose to contact Custer Creek Dental Care if you are looking for the best orthodontic treatment in McKinney, TX. Our dentists are here to serve you with the best quality assistance.
- Invisalign - There is a misconception among people about Invisalign treatment being very costly. You should know that the cost of undergoing Invisalign treatment at a professional dental clinic can be somewhere around $5000 or more. But, every penny spent in this treatment is worth it. Is the amount making the forehead frown? Most dental clinics nowadays accept dental insurance policy. Hence, you have nothing to worry about.
- Braces - The price of metal braces can vary from one patient to another on the basis of their requirements. You can get braces at a clinic by paying somewhere between $3000-$10000 or more.