How Dentures Can Bring Back Your Lost Smile?
Dentures act as a great replacement for missing tooth. Actually they are artificial teeth and are composed of nylon, acrylic, or metal.
When you are lacking all your teeth, your facial muscles seem saggy. This makes you look aged. Dentures are here to fulfil the gap and restore your smile and offer protection to your other teeth. This promotes you to eat, chew, or speak normally.
Common kinds of dentures:
The process requires a number of weeks and appointments.
- Complete (Full) Dentures – If you’re missing all of your teeth then you can opt for this. Your orthodontist positions on top of your gums, and it is anchored to your existing teeth. The dentist generally plants them within 8-12 weeks after your teeth removal.
- Partial Dentures — If you have some natural teeth left in your upper and lower jaw, then you can go for this. Your dentist fixes the pink-colored base with a metal piece. These pieces hold the denture in the mouth. They are very simple and easily removable. This indicates that you can easily pull them out whenever necessary.
- Immediate dentures – Your dentist normally installs instant dentures on the same date of your tooth extraction.
And do visit the dentist’s office whenever adjustments are required.
Care for your Dentures
We all know that our mouths are always fully loaded with bacteria. Hence, you got to clean your artificial teeth daily as well.
- Your prosthodontist first decides what kind of dentures fit your needs.
- He/she takes some impressions of your jaw along with the measurements.
- Accordingly your prosthodontist creates models, wax forms, or plastic patterns to achieve the appropriate shape and position of the dentures to be made.
- Now you have to try this model many times to check and verify its color, shape and fit.
- The final dentures are then built and the dentist fixes it in your mouth.
Get the Help you need!
Now, if you’re in the search of ‘Dentist near me’
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily
- You can also use liquids to clean, and of course with your doctor’s advice
- Handle your Dentures very cautiously in order to expand its durability
- Never try to bend them during your cleanings
- Try to avoid damaging the clips during brushing or cleaning
- Soak your dentures while you go to bed and do make sure that they do not dry out.
- The dentist may recommend you to stay away from specific foods and drinks.
in McKinney, TX to get your
Dentures, then call us
at Custer Creek Dental Care Of McKinney. Our Dentist in McKinney will provide you the best Dentures and treatment. You will definitely not regret it!