Dental Crowns: Cost & Definition
Dental crowns are recommended if you have a severely damaged or decaying tooth. These are essentially caps or coverings that are placed on your compromised teeth to protect them from further damage. These crowns work as an extra dose of protection for your deteriorating dental health and can improve the condition to a great extent. Our dentists at Custer Creek Dental Care have answered all your questions. Keep reading to find out all your answers!
What Is A Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are a type of device that helps to restore the original strength of your weak teeth. It is a dental cap, that sits on top of the damaged teeth and provides it the required protection it needs to regain its original strength. It is made of porcelain or metal and usually mimics your original teeth. This helps to improve your looks and prevents your damaged teeth from making a dent in your appearance. Wondering how they work? Contact your dentist in McKinney to find out about the dental crown procedure.
When To Opt For Dental Crowns?
Now that we have a basic understanding of dental crowns, let us find out the reasons to choose dental crowns. Your McKinney dentist has listed some of them below.
- It is best to go for dental crowns if you are suffering from a chipped or fractured tooth. This will help to regain your ability to chew and improve the functionality of your compromised teeth.
- Want to quickly elevate your appearance? Talk to your McKinney dentist and go for these crowns. You can customize them according to your needs and they can conceal all your dental flaws in the blink of an eye.
- Dental crowns can be your best friend when it comes to large fillings. It helps to prevent more breakage and boost your overall appearance.
- After your root canal, your dentist in McKinney will usually suggest you opt for a dental crown procedure. This provides more stability and increases the chances of greater success.
- Your teeth’ enamel could get eroded due to several reasons. A dental crown can protect your teeth and increase chances of remineralization thereby providing your teeth the chance to gain sturdiness.
Dental Crown Cost
Wondering about your dental crown cost? Let us find out how much a crown costs at your favorite dentist in McKinney. There are several factors that could affect the exact estimate of your dental crown procedure. The size of your affected teeth and the material used for your crown plays a huge role. The average cost ranges from somewhere between $800 to $1500 or even more. The cost could increase if other dental surgeries become essential.
We hope this blog has provided you with all the relevant information. Looking for the best dental crowns in McKinney, TX? Get in touch with us at Custer Creek Dental Care and enjoy premium quality dental care.